Saturday 24 November 2012

My Graduate Success: My New Beginning


I still can’t believe that I managed to secure a permanent position so quickly after my contract ended at woman&home and Homes &Gardens. I was out of work for a good few weeks before I secured my weekfreelancing, and this is all thanks to the connections I’ve built up in HR. Itreally proves how important networking is throughout your professional life.

Honestly, I secured my job because I was at the right placeand right time. I was freelancing in the advertising department, and it was there that I found out a position was available for a PA to the Advertising Director. This wasn't a traditional PA role, which added to its appeal. I was immediately interested in the role, but knew I would have to be as impressive as I possibly could if I was to stand a chance at getting an interview. Luckily, I was in direct contact with the Ad Director (interviewer) and was able to prove my abilities, a position I had never been in before. To cut a long story short, by the end of the week I had expressed my interest,handed over my CV and made the best impression I possibly could. Needless to say, I’m glad that my hard work paid off that week as I did secure an interview and the job.

It became clear to me during my freelance week that there are a lot of components to enjoying a job, not just what you're doing but the people, environment and atmosphere. I can safely say that I'm enjoying everything about my job and therefore couldn't be happier. 

For me, happiness is the key to success and this is just thebeginning.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog over the past year, it really has given me inspiration! :) xxx

    http://agraduatetaleofwoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete