Wednesday 24 December 2014

2014: My Year

I can’t believe that we’ll soon be welcoming another New Year. I don't know about you, but for me, these past 12 months have gone by like a flash! I can safely say that gone are the days of being a newbie grad trying to kick start my career, and instead, it's very much in full swing. Work wise, I’ve got everything that I could have dreamed of having this year. I finally got that new challenge I had been longing for, and I couldn’t be happier.

Undoubtedly, my number one highlight of 2014, is securing my new role as CRM Executive. Despite a couple of teething issues in the initial months, I’m now very much settled in. In the New Year, I know that a lot more challenges will be coming my way, in terms of projects and presentations, but I’m really looking forward to them. I feel as though I’m right where I want to be in my career.

When I reflect on the great year I've had, it's not only because of my career progression, but there are other significant events that have really made my 2014 an amazing one. 
Anyone who follows me on Twitter will probably be familiar with the photos below, but for those that don’t, here are my highlights of 2014...

My Year In Pictures:

March 10th – Becoming an Aunty for the first time to baby William James


August 17th - Learning a new skill - baking



September 25th – Signing for the role of CRM Executive at TimeInc UK



October 19th - Stepping outside of my comfort zone - Stealth roller coaster (Thorpe Park)



December 6th - Attending one of my favourite author's Christmas party
 (Carole Matthews) 




December 15th – Running at an average 4.7 minutes for every 1k


All of the events above have really made my 2014 a very special year, and it certainly comes close to beating my 2012 (when I graduated and secured my first grad role). So I will be heading into the New Year feeling very happy indeed, and who knows, I might even have a better 2015 - if that's even possible?!

Finally, it has been yet another year of writing my blog and I can't believe I've kept it going for this long! I must say a special thank you to anyone who has followed it from the very beginning (back in 2011). Your continued support is much appreciated, and I hope you've found some useful nuggets of wisdom in my blog posts. All I have ever wanted to do is to write something that's thought provoking and inspiring. Thanks for all your lovely emails and testimonials this year. See you in 2015, but until then, I'd like to wish you all a very...


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog continues to overflow with useful notes, links and tips. I've had a busy 2013/ 2014 but hope to catch up with your writings more often this year. Have a great 2015.

    Grant
    Little People Books

    ReplyDelete